For 17 years, the Emerging Writers’ Festival has been committed to supporting emerging writers, celebrating creativity and innovation, nurturing new talent and representing diverse voices from across Australia. As a not-for-profit organisation, EWF relies on donations to continue to provide a platform, training and support for Australia’s emerging writers and storytellers. So we need your help to continue doing this.
Throughout 2020, we’re looking for support from our EWF Pen Pals. We’re hoping to raise money so we can keep doing what we love – championing tomorrow’s voices.
Become an EWF PenPal by chipping in $50, $100, $300, $800, the deed to a property with a spacious backyard; whatever’s in your budget that to spare so we can keep doing our thing.
Whether you’re an emerging creative who wants to see EWF thrive, or an EWF alum who has seen the value of the fest since your early days, every amount is an enormous help.
Become a Pen Pal
Pen Pal program
Help us support the next generation of incredible storytellers and become an EWF Pen Pal today.
For as little as $50, you’ll receive an acknowledgement on our website, receive an invite to our glittering opening night party and be able to bask in the glory of being an EWF donor.
What are you waiting for?
Supporting Character: $50+
Witty Sidekick: $100+
Love Interest: $150+
Literary Extraordinaire: $1,000+
Wondering what’s in it for you?
Apart from the knowledge that you’ve helped support a vibrant, community-driven festival to amplify tomorrow’s voices, some perks for donors include:
- •A heartfelt thank you on our website
- •A VIP invite to Program Launch
- •A VIP invite to Opening Night
- •A limited edition EWF tote bag featuring 2019 festival artwork by illustrator Elin Matilda
Plus, we’ll scream your name from the Wheeler Centre rooftop and send you a zingin’ metaphorical high-five.
Become a Pen Pal
Ready to donate?
Here are some of the ways your donation helps us create the annual festival:
- •$50 helps us transcribe 1 episode of the EWF podcast
- •$100 covers one emerging creative artist, either at a performance or on a panel
- •$150 pays for one brilliant host at one of our world-famous performance events or critically rigorous panel sessions
- •$350 pays for three artists to speak on a panel session like our free Early Words or Lunchtime Lit stream
- •$500 contributes to the creation of a session at the National Writers’ Conference
- •$700 funds an interstate artist to (virtually) appear in 2 events in our program, possibly for their first interstate gig!
- •$1000+ supports the programming and delivery of a performance event at EWF such as our Late Night Lit events
Let’s show everyone that art is valuable, and supporting emerging voices is crucial. Become a friend of the festival today – every dollar helps.
EWF is a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity with deductible gift recipient (DGR) status – all donations over $2 are tax deductible.
If you would like more information on how you can support the Emerging Writers’ Festival, please email Alice Muhling here.